Having been using Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Hosted for 14 months, I am now feeling that I would write something about my experience with it - the best online Source Control system I've ever used.
Part I. Four reasons make me choose SourceAnywhere Taught.
Here I summarize several reasons early time I chose this solution there isn't any am still happy about the decision I made :-)
* 1. Perfect back-up mechanism by simply Dynamsoft.
a) All the data is hosted in a world-class data center - Primus Data Center. It is SAS70 and CICA5970 certified;
b) All of the data are backed up onsite every 20 minutes;
c) All of the data are backed up offsite with separate data center hundreds of miles away every day;
d) Furthermore, Dynamosft anyone to to download the real-time back-up of the database on your own local hard disk drive.
* 2. It's doing anything we're expecting of as a resource control tool and more.
a) Basic source control operations: Add, Check Out, Edit, Check In, Branch, Merge, Show difference, Show History, Search .
b) Wide IDE integrations: Visual Studio 6/2003/2005/2008/2010, Eclipse, Dreamweaver CS3/CS4/CS5, MS Access and a great deal. I am using VS 2008 and 2010. SourceAnywhere works comfortably for me and my peers.
c) Permits me to alter the user rights for both repository level (i.e. who can/can't access some repositories) and project level (i.e. who can/can't access some projects in the repository).
d) It has a similar UI as MS VSS. Although We're not a VSS user, it didn't take a hard time for me personally to figure it out. Thanks for that friendly and uncomplicated design on the user urinary incontinence. LOL
* few. Fast and steady connection from anywhere, anytime.
You can access records in SourceAnywhere 24/7. Besides, I am impressed an excellent deal by the high & steady performance of these online source control approach. In the past 14 months, I didn't experience any interruptions other than the normal server rescousse.
* 4. Excellent technical support team.
Of course, no product perfect! Used to encounter some issues/questions developed with SourceAnywhere Hosted. However, what really impress me offer is that every my questions are always handled timely and satisfactorily :D
It's easy to assistance from Dynamsoft: ticket system, email support (sawh[at]dynamsoft.com), online chat support, online meeting and phone support.
The superior support really makes SourceAnywhere Hosted a 'perfect' service. :D
Part Two. Get Started with SourceAnywhere Hosted within just 10 moments.
The period I met SourceAnywhere Hosted, I got confused small about the web Portal, Server Manager and GUI Patient. One reason is that I don't love reading help doc ;)
Anyway, I am going to list the easiest way to begin with SourceAnywhere Hosted.
1. Select a SourceAnywhere Hosted Plan to participate in.
Hosting PlansNote: the 'Space' here means shared space size. For example, I've 3 team plan users, so all the 3 users can share 3000MB file space.
2. Enter your information to finish the sign-up.
1. You should enter your cc info since it isn't optional there. If you dont want to use your real cc info before 30-day trial expires, additionally you can temporarily enter a fake cc info. (see screenshot)
2. Personally, I entered my real cc as it's easy to pause 200 dollars per month (How up to?) if I was not satisfied to it after 30-day trial.
3. After sign-up, you'll get an email with an activation attach. Please click on it to activate your credit card account. A few seconds later, another email containing your login info(Organization ID, user name, password) will be shipped to you.
4. Exactly how. The last step is to install SourceAnywhere Hosted client and Server Team boss. Download Page. After installation, you can use the login info you still have in eliminate to connect with the hosted server and initiate your evaluation :)
SourceAnywhere Hosted Client:where may upload files, check in/out files and check file/project history etc.
SourceAnywhere Hosted Server Manager (For Admin only): admin can create/delete users, assign user access rights on both repository level and project level.
5. Consider if you need to go with SourceAnywhere Hosted after evaluation period. :D
Yes - Check your billing info (credit card info) in Web Portal to make sure your account can be charged successfully by Dynamsoft.
No - Log into Web Portal, and pay a visit to Manager associated with users or Space Sizeto cancel your bank account (i.e. trim your user number to ZERO).
Q: What's Web Portal?
A: A portal best places update your bank account profile, registered credit card info, add/reduce users. Below is the hyperlink to web portal:
BTW, there was FREE Plan (permanent free, 3 users + 25 MB space) available before, you might need to contact Dynamsoft for it since it is not available on website straight away.